Pick of the Litter!
• 1,001 sq. ft., 2 bath, 2 bdrm apartment
- Priced Right!
Relax in air conditioned comfort in this mint condition 1000 square ft, 2 bedroom, 2 full bathroom apartment condo. As you enter the home, you will notice the generous kitchen with plenty of cabinets, counter space & included breakfast bar plus separate pantry. The large living room has a cozy natural gas fireplace and sliding doors to the balcony which overlooks the inner courtyard with fountain. Other features in this pet friendly complex are 18+ and older adults only, gleaming hardwood flooring throughout, insuite laundry & roughed in central vacuum. Store your extra belongings in the lockable storage cage close to the titled underground parking stall. Close to downtown, restaurants and public transit, this home should be ranked number one on your must see list! Call Mike Muranetz 780-242-5229 to set up a private showing.
Alternatives to Traditional Garage Sales in Edmonton
you have stuff in your home that you need to sell? Perhaps you have
some suits or dresses that no longer fit, an older living room set that
you've just had replaced, or a vinyl record collection you've been hanging onto for years and years. Of course, this is excellent preparation for readying your home to sell and before you bring in a home stager.
If a traditional garage sale is not an option for you (i.e. apartment condo living), there are other ways to sell those items.
For example, you could rent a stall for the weekend at a local flea market/ farmers market like Old Strathcona Farmers' Market or St. Albert Farmers’ Market
(yes, there are others). This is relatively inexpensive and can be a
fun activity for the whole family. Another option is to advertise in
your local community newspaper. Advertising rates in local publications
like Edmonton Examiner are often much lower than in major newspapers like the Edmonton Journal or Edmonton Sun.
You can also advertise on the internet. There are several websites, such as Craigslist.com (not very popular in Edmonton & Kijiji.com
(VERY popular in Edmonton) where you can advertise for free. Heck, if
you want to declutter/down size, you may as well make money at it.
If you have any comments or some other great locations and free websites to sell your excess stuff, please let me know thru my contact page.
What to Take With You When Edmonton Home Shopping
You will want to make the process of shopping for an Edmonton home as productive and enjoyable as possible. After all, you'll be on a quest to find your next dream home. That's why it's important to take the right items with you:
• Digital camera, so you can take pictures of the features you like in the
properties you see. Note, you can only take these photos of the outside
unless you have permission from the home owner for those interior
• Notepad, so you can take detailed notes. A clipboard is also useful if you have property feature sheets to write on.
• Measurements of your largest pieces of furniture, so you can confirm they'll
fit in the rooms of properties you like. Important for those large
bedroom suites, sectional couch or even the height of your monster truck
(will it fit into the garage?).
• Measuring tape to check those measurements.
• Some healthy snacks and beverages, (especially important if you're taking the kids along). Bottled water should be on this list.
• Map of the area, so you can check out local parks and other neighbourhood features.
• Clear driving directions to each of the properties you want to see. A GPS could be useful, too.
• Your cheque book. If you find your perfect home, you want to write an offer before someone else snaps it up.
One of the best ways to shop for a home, and actually enjoy the experience, is to work with a great REALTOR® like me. Give me a call 780-242-5229 or reach out through my contact page and we can go over the buying process to get you moving into your dream home.
How to Tell if an Edmonton Neighbourhood is Improving
When you’re looking for a new Edmonton home, you want to find one in a great neighbourhood – or, at least, in a neighbourhood that is on the upswing. How can you tell if a particular area is improving? Here are some common indicators:
• Pride of ownership. Take a walk around the neighbourhood. Do you get a sense that people take good care of their homes? Are the lawns mowed? Is the landscaping trimmed? Are flowers planted? Are the sidewalks & walkways shovelled from snow? Homeowners are more likely to look after their properties when they like where they are living.
• Home improvements. Are people investing in their homes? Are they getting their driveways re-done? Their windows replaced? Are there signs of home improvement projects? If so, this is a clear indication that homeowners like the area enough to invest in their properties.
• Real estate sales activity. Do homes tend to sell quickly in the area? Do they sell for a good price? If so, the neighbourhood is probably in demand. If people want to live there, it's a desirable area.
• Business investment. Are businesses investing in the surrounding area? Is there an increase in the number of upscale shops, health clubs, restaurants, and other commercial enterprises that often locate near desirable neighbourhoods?
• Community involvement. Are there signs that the community plays an active role in the look and lifestyle of the neighbourhood? Are there neighbourhood picnics, yard sales and other get-togethers? Check Facebook.com to see if the neighbourhood has a community page.
• City plans. Find out what plans the city of Edmonton has for the area. Will there be road improvements done in the near future? Are there any major construction projects on the schedule, such as LRT, new school or community centre. Although such projects can be disruptive in the short term, they may improve the neighbourhood – and, as a result, boost the value of any home you buy – in the long-term.
Of course, the best way to find out the desirability of a neighbourhood is to talk to me, a good REALTOR® who knows the area. Contact me today.
Eaux Claires, Edmonton
Yippie! The 1 bedroom apartment condo at #330, 16311 - 95 St has been sold!
The townhouse at #6, 14110 - 80 St, Edmonton, AB in Norshire Gardens has been sold.Yahoooo!!!!!
Terrace Heights, Edmonton
The bungalow at 10138 - 71 ST has been sold. Yahoo!!!!
Four Bedrooms Upstairs
• 1,270 sq. ft., 2 bath, 4 bdrm townhouse "2 Storey"
- Excellent Value!
This totally upgraded FOUR BEDROOMS UPSTAIRS, 1270 sq ft, 2 storey condo is perfect for a big family. This home has gone thru substantial renos where all you do move in & enjoy. Upgrades include new main level laminate flooring, new 2 piece bathroom, all new doors, fresh paint, trim and baseboards. Kitchen includes new cabinets, counters, back splash, plumbing, electrical & mostly new stainless steel appliances. Upstairs is brand new carpet, most light fixtures, main bathroom with new vanity, toilet & bathtub. Large master bedroom is big enough for king size bed & features walk-in closet. Full basement for storage has laundry room & includes washer & dryer. Hot water heated, no furnace to maintain while condo contributions look after heat and all water. Complex includes newer windows, siding, fencing & extra parking is available. Quiet location, the oversized private yard, backs onto a walking trail. Close to public transit, a day care & schools, this home should be ranked number one on your must see list!
Alberta Avenue, Edmonton
The bungalow at 11730 - 89 ST has been sold.
The 2 story at 1127 - 37 Ave has been sold. Yahoo!
Plenty of Renovations
• 965 sq. ft., 1 bath, 3 bdrm bungalow "Semi-Bungalow"
Alberta Avenue, Edmonton
With plenty of renovations, this 3 bedroom semi-bungalow shows fantastic. Upgraded in 2008, the custom kitchen has maple cabinets with pot drawers, pantry and beautiful backsplash. Bright & sunny, the living room has large window and features hardwood which flows into the large formal dining room. The bathroom is totally modernized with ceramic flooring, all plumbing fixtures, new tub, granite vanity & eco friendly toilet. Partly finished basement offers the third bedroom & large storage room. Other features are new 100 amp panel, newer hot water tank & furnace, new plumbing with modern pex piping, eavestrough and shingles. No winter scrapping in the detached single garage with garage opener. Close to NAIT, public transit, all shopping & centrally located within the city, don't miss out on this must see home.
Fully Furnished & Quick Possession
• 729 sq. ft., 1 bath, 1 bdrm apartment
- Priced Right!
Eaux Claires, Edmonton
729 sq ft FULLY FURNISHED 1 bedroom luxury condo in Eaux Claires Promenade, a highly desirable complex just behind Namao shopping centre. Located on third floor for security, features of this non-smoking home include modern open concept floor plan, large bedroom, corner gas fireplace, insuite laundry with large storage room, gas BBQ & forced air heating/cooling with included central air conditioning. Good size kitchen has plenty of cabinets & counters including a large working island. Includes ALL FURNITURE, TV, Blu-Ray, full cooking & eating set, etc. Condo contributions include water, heat & gas utilities. Complex amenities include fitness room, games room & guest suite for your visiting family. Energized parking stall can be seen from south facing balcony for vehicle remote start. Plenty of overnight visitor parking right in front of building. Available with a quick possession, this home shows excellent, is picture perfect & priced right. Check out the awesome virtual tour.
Call Mike at 780-242-5229 to set up a private showing.
• 1,180 sq. ft., 3 bath, 5 bdrm bungalow
- Excellent Property!
Terrace Heights, Edmonton
Looking for a possible rental or a place to put the parents? This 5 bedroom, 1180 sq foot bungalow with separate front basement entrance may be your answer. Very clean throughout, the upstairs is spacious & has 3 bedrooms, with original hardwood throughout this level. Downstairs has large windows all around, huge living room, kitchen, 2 more bedrooms, 3 piece bath and shared laundry. This level is very warm with separate furnace & own thermostat then enhanced with basement heat vents coming thru the floor, not the ceiling. Other house features is newer vinyl siding, soffit, capped windows, newer exterior doors, some windows with shutters, frost free exterior taps and newer furnaces with hot water tank. Backyard has some chain link fencing, newer 2 tiered deck & double car garage also with newer vinyl siding. Close to all shopping, public transit and quick possession. This is an excellent home with an excellent price! Check the awesome virtual tour. Call Mike at 780-242-5229 to set up a private showing.
We are Posted From Edmonton...What's Next?
after a good talk with your career manager, you been told that you are
posted out of CFB Edmonton. What's next? You need to find a good
REALTOR® on Brookfield's IRP list to help sell your home. Mike will get
you moving. I'm already been getting calls to do what I call "Pre-Listing"
appointments. These are basically consultations to help you get a jump
start for preparation of selling your Edmonton & area home. I will
show you how to get your home ready (paint, minor repairs), provide a
RE/MAX exclusive "Fit to Sell" DVD for staging, give a
market snapshot of homes for sale & sold in your neighbourhood,
discuss options for your move & address any other concerns. No
pressure & no paper work.
you like, I have a list of preferred REALTORS® which I have personally
worked with in the past. These hand picked people have the same work
ethic and experience to help you on your eventual House Hunting Trip
(HHT) with your new home. As I've always said, I am only half the
journey and I need to hand you off to someone who will look after you
and your family needs to the same calibre. Check for more details how I
get the job done on this page here.
you been verbally told you are posted or if some stroke of luck,
actually have a posting message in hand, don't hesitate to give me a
call 780-242-5229, toll free (goes to my cell phone) 1-888-556-8560 or email me Mike@EdmontonIRP.com You won't be disappointed by my guidance, experience & ultimate results!
Top 12 Things to Pack Last
time to pack up your rental apartment and move to your new Edmonton
home. Here's a helpful list of 12 items to pack last and keep handy
(a.k.a. they're the things you'll need to get to first and frequently)
cords, batteries, everything's electric these days it seems. Computers,
CD players, smart phone, all those little gizmos you just can't seem to
live without. So it just makes sense to keep that extension cord or
pack of new batteries right on top within reach.
We're talking hammers and screwdrivers, nails & screws, scotch
tape, duct tape and especially a tape measure. A good multi tool
wouldn't hurt, either.
is a sneaky beast, so be prepared. A bottle opener and glasses. Thirst
always seems to come first, particularly if you have to lug that stuff
around. Make sure you have enough for your moving crew, too!
pizza or fast food coupons. You're going to work up a hunger so think
about treating yourself to a quick bite or a night out to your favourite
fast food joint. Again, make sure you have enough for the moving
- Address book or important contacts on your smartphone. Keep those important telephone numbers handy.
phone or regular landline telephone to plug in - put these within easy
reach. There's is always potential for an emergency call.
cash. If you are opening a new bank account, you may have to wait for
your first check to clear. Traveller's checks wouldn't hurt, either.
of your lease & personal ID such as driver's license. Speaking of
banking, if you are starting a new checking account (or applying for
utilities service), you'll need proof of your new address.
materials. Paper towels, broom & dustpan, mop, bucket, garbage
bags, etc. Accidents do happen. Oh yes, don't forget some toilet paper,
soap & hand towel.
- Light bulbs, a small lamp (perhaps a flashlight). It may be dark when you move in.
- Alarm clock. You don't want to miss your first day of work, do you?
- Box cutter. Don't pack that tool as it's the first thing you need to open your boxes.
If you can add anything to this list, please let me know thru my contact page.